1. Free Geek Toronto Limited Warranty
All desktops and laptops we sell come with a limited 30 day warranty. If your computer’s hardware is faulty, we will diagnose it to verify the problem. Once the error can be demonstrated, we will repair or replace any faulty hardware. If the issue cannot be fixed, you may exchange it for an item of similar value, or receive store credit.
2. What is covered by Free Geek Toronto’s Limited Warranty?
Our limited warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship in the hardware products sold by Free Geek Toronto.
3. What is NOT covered by Free Geek Toronto’s Limited Warranty?
We do not cover damage caused by negligence, such as dropping
All of our computers are built and tested using a version of the Linux, Windows, or Mac OS operating system. We are unable to offer hardware support for computers running operating systems other than the one installed with the system when it is purchase
Any software issues including the operating system or pre-loaded software (if any)
Also DOES NOT cover problems resulting from:
- External causes such as misuse, accidents, or abuse
- Hardware / Software changes not authorized or done by Free Geek Toronto
- Usage not within the product instructions
- Product missing Service Tags or serial numbers
- Problems caused by parts or components not supplied by Free Geek Toronto
- Purely cosmetic scratches, dents or other similar damages
WE DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES PROVIDED FOR IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LIABILITY FOR THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU FOR DAMAGES, FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE, OR FOR LOST DATA OR LOST SOFTWARE. OUR LIABILITY WILL BE NO MORE THAN THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE PRODUCT THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF A CLAIM. THIS IS THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT FOR WHICH WE ARE RESPONSIBLE.
4. How long does Free Geek Toronto’s limited warranty last?
Our limited warranty lasts for the period of 30 days and begins on the date of purchase indicated on the sales receipt. Warranty is not extended if we have replaced a warranted product and / or part(s). Free Geek Toronto may change the availability of its limited warranty, at its discretion, but changes will not be retroactive.